Saturday, September 17, 2011

sunflower challenged...




"The sunflower is mine, in a way."

~ Vincent van Gogh

I'm inspired by sunflowers-- their huge, bold faces turned into the sun. I've imagined in my garden, long curves of their yellow heads bobbing in the autumn sunshine and birds happily feeding on the abundance of seeds in their golden centers.

...many spring mornings have found me in my garden, planting the seeds with this vision dancing in my imagination. I can see myself cutting huge armfuls for bouquets, and walking among, towering over my head in all shades of golden yellow, cinnamon browns and warm orange reds.

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows. That's what sunflowers do." ~ Helen Keller



Alas... hehehehe... I hate to admit how many sorry little patches of short, withered-looking little sunflowers I've 'grown' -- I tell myself it's the soil (yeah, that's it), but I suspect it's me! So, every autumn, I head to the flower market (several times) to get my sunflowers! This morning, they were smiling happily at me from the kitchen windowsill as I made the coffee. I couldn't resist a few photos in the Saturday morning sunshine...I didn't even plant any seeds this year! Enjoy your morning...

karon xo

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, I LOVE sunflowers, too! All different sizes and colors--maybe next year!? Yeah, meanwhile there is always the farmer's market! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. morning cait! yes, maybe next year :) have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey gorgeous, I've never been one for sunflowers...could take or leave them, that was until recently when I have come across them being photographed more and more....I think I am falling in love with them!

    Your pics are gorgeous! ;o)

    hugs

    hello gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete