Sunday, February 3, 2013

Easy Peasy Fresh Guacamole!

Every now and then, I feel like creating with food.  Usually, the mood strikes in the late fall when I'm overcome with my hunker down-stock up on cosy winter comfort food-we might not make it out til spring fears and stock the freezer to bursting with spaghetti sauce, chili and all manner of baked goods that will last til May (pause to consider a recent episode of Doomday Preppers). 
 
 Anyway, I've been inspired in the last couple of weeks in a different direction...fresh island grown fruits and vegetables! They are growing on trees and in the ground everywhere on Maui (we even have 13 fruit trees in our own yard -- but more about that another time).  Avocados, mangos, bananas, lemons and limes, oranges and gorgeous tomatoes too -- their colors are so vivid I can almost see the vitamins in them!  And, I'm in love with avocado-- delish! So, I've made a quick and easy-peasy recipe for guacamole and included some photos to show this beautiful produce - enjoy!
 
Ingredients
 2 avocados, 2 ripe tomatoes, juice of one lime, salt and pepper to taste

Peel avocados, slice fruit from the seed.
 
Mash avocados.
Chop tomatoes and add to mashed avocado.
Squeeze juice of one lime in the mixture.
Mix and add salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.
I like it with hint of lime taco chips - YUM!!
Even the bits for the compost are pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment