Saturday, November 14, 2009

Christmas at The Market

We have a wonderful old building in my hometown that is the venue for a handicrafts/farmer's market on Saturday mornings throughout the year. Almost everyone who visits Fredericton makes a visit to the Market while they're in town - it's a real event every week! Christmas at The Market is a local tradition that handmade enthusiasts anticipate every year. For many years, I was a shopper and brought home bags of unique treasures for gifts and holiday decoration (just count my snowmen!). I've been participating as a vendor for about 5 seasons now and just finished up this year's show last night. It was GREAT! There were tons of people in happy holiday humor! Many thanks to all who dropped by the booth to chat, giggle and take home a colorful, sparkly creation! And, just because, you know, I have nothing else to do, I changed my entire display for this show...I found this fabulous vintage silver tinsel Christmas tree and got all inspired! Here are some photos of my little spot..

Is this the funkiest little tree?


6 comments:

  1. You just brought back a lot of happy memories for me! When I was in University my now husband and I would spend our Saturday mornings at the Fredericton Market walking hand in hand looking at all the goodies, drinking fresh squeezed orange juice, eating some sort of sausage and just enjoying being students. My parents would come up close to the holidays and Mom and I would go around picking up all sorts of Christmas presents for everybody. Happy, happy memories!

    Thank you!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  2. bella...it hasn't changed a bit! so glad to have reminded you of these happy times! happy holidays! karon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful time. Both for sellers and buyers. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful show! Great to see others setups too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi tina...i always love to see how others set up their booths as well! always something to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a wonderful review. Really good collection and informative information, I love others stuff also.

    Have a good weekend.

    ------------------------
    Diamond earrings

    ReplyDelete