Tuesday, May 5, 2009

w i n g s


"A luminescent butterfly gently held in my niece's polka-dot nailpolished, innocent hand...a notedcard perfect for new beginnings, encouragement, thanks..."
At the end of last summer, Sophie, my niece and I were walking the beach at our cottage when this beautiful butterfly landed on her hand and made itself right at home. She held it for several minutes while it sunned and rested it's wings. I had time to take dozens of photographs... the lighting and those little wings were amazing!

4 comments:

  1. karon this just makes my heart squeeze--beautiful little hand with polka dot polish and butterfly--and equally beautiful photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful moment and photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Those are the best moments to capture.

    ReplyDelete