Monday, May 11, 2009

What's Blooming Today? Checkerboard Fritillaria!


"Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished."
~ Lao Tzu

Hanging like tiny lanterns in one corner of my garden, they are checkboards of purple and pink, or lime green and white. What games to do they inspire the fairies play?

.....


Just as we were leaving the cottage yesterday, I caught a glimpse of my grape hyacinth and miniature daffodils swaying in the breeze. Knowing they will most likely be 'done' by next weekend, I scurried to pick a wee bouquet to bring home. Each little hyacinth bell is wearing a frilly white petticoat! Here they are in a little jam jar on the kitchen windowsill, this morning's early sunlight streaming through...

2 comments:

  1. gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your garden is magical .. would love to see pictures of the garden .. so many beautiful varieties of flowers!! I can see the tlc you give in these images :-) you do indeed have green fingers.

    ReplyDelete